Scammers are very experienced when they attempt to get your personal details and money. You have to be alert and protect yourself from being scammed. Everyone is a target when it comes to scamming. There is no age or income level to be scammed. All of us may be vulnerable to being scammed at some time. They become smarter with the advance of new technology.
Protect yourself by this below
- Be alert- You have to be very careful when dealing with people over the phone and email. They nowadays make it so legit with the new technology
- You have to be sure who you are dealing with online. Google image search if you have to just to see if they are legit.
- Never open suspicious text or pop-ups who wants you to verify your personal details such as Identity number and banking details
- You have to keep your mobile devices and computers secure along with your personal details and never share passwords
- Do not respond to phone calls that ask for remote access
- When choosing passwords be very careful. Never use “1234”. Choose a difficult password that cannot be guessed easily
- You must be aware of unusual payment requests
- You must be careful when you are on social networking sites. And should learn how to use your privacy and security settings
- When shopping online beware of things that seem too good to be true.
You can spot if it is a fake document
- Documents can be easily tampered with but will look like it is legit
- The quality of the presentation might be poor
- The names of Organisations that do not exits
- Quality of grammar and spelling that are poor
They can easily fake documents by using information online as company logos and graphics from the website
You can spot if it is a fake email
- They can easily use a logo that is the same and design as the real company, it may look legit but actually, it is fraud.
- When you are not expecting an email always be alert
You can spot if it is a fake dating profile
Always note the unusual by checking the below:
- The interest of the person
- Language skills
- Background of a person
The Scammers will always take advantage when you are feeling vulnerable