How to be warm during winter and spend less on Electricity is all about tactics. Have you heard about “Heat and eat” that is what most of us do during winter when the temperatures rises. When most of us hear the word “Winter” we think immediately electricity, and electricity means more money. Well not, you can also save a lot of money during winter by following a few tips:
- Install draughts to fill possible gaps in your doors, windows and floor so that the warm air can stay in the room.
- Try to not leave appliance on stand-by such as TVs, Mobile phone charger, and all other electrical devices.
- Switch your light bulbs to energy-saving LED bulbs
- Install ceiling insulation in your home
- You can use Gas rather than Electricity (Gas is much cheaper as prices vary from time to time)
- Regulate you geyser, switch it off during the day when no-one is at home
- Let the sun in when it is sunny
- Rather use Hot water bottle than a heater
- Get battery operated lights
- Make use of a generator
Ensure you have all necessary equipment for winter to keep you and your family safe and warm, without going over your electricity budget bill.