As we are heading to the summer season, there is quite a difference in the usage of electricity between winter and summer. You can also save a lot of money and energy during summer season. As most of us go away for holiday and some staying at home! During summer our houses are very hot and here are ways to keep your home and work environment cool.
- Windows can be used keep out heat like: Installing coverings for windows
- Use ventilation and fan strategies to cool your house. You can use the bathroom fan to remove heat. You can turn the ceiling fans off when you leave the room
- Make sure that furniture is not blocking the airflow through your registers
- You can make more use of day lighting then switching on the lights in your home and workplace
- To prevent warm air to leak into your home, you can seal all openings and cracks.
- Switch off and unplug unnecessary appliances such as televisions, iron, and kettles when not in use.
- Turn down the water heater and adjust your thermostat
- Close blinds to prevent sun coming in when it is sunny day or when it’s cold to prevent absorbing the cold air.
- You may as well install energy efficient bulbs